Hello fellow December 28thers. We’re all in this together and nearly all of us have had our fill and then some of junk. Some of you aren’t finished with your holidays for a variety of reasons but for most of us Christmas etc is over. So what should you do now?
Here are Coach Dave’s top five post-holiday recovery tips:
1. Get on the damn scale! Face it, own it and don’t personalize it. So you’re 265 pounds and two weeks ago you were 253. It is what it is. It’s now all about what you’re going to do about it. Don’t make it personal.
2. Start drinking more water. A half gallon per day is a great place to start. Just four 16-ounce glasses is all it takes. Add a bit of lemon or lime if it makes it easier.
3. Throw the junk away. That includes all sweets, crackers, chips, soda, other pantry junk. Clean house, car and office. Give yourself a fighting chance by removing the easy-access temptations!
4. Sweat and move. Walk, jog, spin, elliptical, bike, row, step and, of course, do resistance training. How much? Ideally 60 minutes 5 days a week but ANYTHING is a step in the right direction.
5. Do the basics here at LL University with a fresh goal in place. Log your weight, exercise and NFL daily. Check your Lessons each day. Commit to 15 minutes online here OR when you get the above done – whichever takes less time. If you hit 15 minutes of work online you can quit OR if you get the basics done before 15 minutes you can quit. 16 years online I know many things but a “for sure” among many is being connected HERE is being connected to your goals for health and weight management. Stay connected!
So what are you doing to recover? What’s your top 1-3 things? It’s okay if you reiterate some things I’ve given here – everything doesn’t have to be new.
Good luck! You can right the ship – and yes I mean that literally as it’s common to feel as large as a ship right now! Ha