Are you clueless about meditation? Are you new to it? If so then you’ve got to listen to this 56-minute interview I did with meditation expert, speaker and author Andy Puddicombe.
Andy Puddicombe, from Great Britain, is the co-founder of Headspace.com a web portal dedicated to delivering quality meditation audio systems with delivery via the net and smart-phone apps. Andy has also been featured as a distinguished TedTalk Presenter – All It Takes Is 10 Mindful Minutes. He writes a column on the same subject for the Huffington Post as well.
In this interview you will get answers to these questions and more:
- Andy’s background and how he became and expert
- What’s the difference between mindfulness and meditation?
- What calming the mind really means
- How do you use a focal point during meditation?
- Can anyone learn to meditate?
- Why should we do it?
- So we’ve meditated for 10-20 minutes? Now what? Does it translate into the rest of the day? How?
- Can meditation help with weight loss?
- Do you need a teacher to learn how to meditate?
- How long does it take to learn?
- What’s the difference between meditating and relaxing?
- Is meditation religious?
- Do you have to sit cross-legged on the floor?
- What’s the best time of day to meditate?
- Do you need to wear anything special?
- What do you do with persistent thoughts that won’t quiet while meditating?
- What’s the ideal length of time?
- What is Headspace.com all about?